WePay is seeking a Principal Product Manager to power our growth as the preferred payments partner for the platform economy. Do you have a passion for conceptualizing and creating innovative payments products and solutions for marketplaces and software providers? If so, then the Principal Product Manager, Payments role might be the perfect fit for you.
As a Principal Product Manager, International Payments you will define the strategy for WePay’s International expansion end to end, ranging from enabling our partner to integrate via APIs all the way to managing the technical integrations with our key partners (banks, processors etc). An intimate knowledge of payments combined with a strategic vision will be essential to success.
You are going to focus on building and innovating, plus some optimization. You have to understand payment needs to craft the best-in-class experiences to delight our customers. At WePay you have the ability to learn about a broader span of payments and you will demonstrate that payments expertise across our organization. You will gain a deep expertise in multiple areas related to payments, including credit card processing, POS, ACH, International Markets, Risk and Compliance. You will also get a deeper understanding of our customers across various verticals - crowdfunding, marketplaces and business management tools.
WePay expects product managers to do whatever they can to serve our customers - we do not have rigid roles and responsibilities. Product managers have been known to write documentation, bring the donuts for a bug bash, even write a (very) little bit of code. You will certainly:
Deeply understand our customers needs for taking payments, how well our current solution addresses them, and how the competition compares.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Develop, articulate, and sell the vision for taking payments, and the strategy to get there
- Set the KPIs and ensure we have all the metrics needed
- Effectively lead cross-functional teams to deliver for our customers
- Manage the product roadmap.
- Make business case for new products and features
- Educate and evangelize payments within organization
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Master’s or Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, engineering, or related field.
- 8+ years working in payments and a detailed knowledge of product and technology used in banking systems.
- Experience in working with POS systems / Card present / EMV a plus.
- Experience in managing payments for a Marketplace desirable.
- Proven track-record of bringing new products to market.
- Strong analytical skills & technical acumen along with knowledge of product management principles.
- Flexible and creative thinker with the ability to define business tradeoffs, generate out-of-the-box solutions and manage uncertainty.
- Excellent written and oral communication, interpersonal and presentation skills and the proven ability to influence and communicate effectively.
WePay, a Chase company, is the payments partner to the platform economy. It has uniquely enabled Constant Contact, GoFundMe, Meetup, and more than 1,000 other B2B and B2C platforms to provide integrated payments processing without compromising on their user experience or taking on risk and regulatory exposure. WePay is a two-time honoree on the Inc. 500 fastest growing private companies list before its December 2017 acquisition by JPMorgan Chase & Co., and has earned recognition on San Francisco and Silicon Valley "Best Places to Work" lists for an open, supportive culture that focuses on delighting customers and employees and offers all the usual perks (free lunch daily, subsidized gym membership, Responsible Time Off, etc.).
You can find more information at wepay.com.
To all recruitment agencies, WePay does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, WePay employees or any other company location. WePay is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes