Are you looking to make a big impact in a small company? Are you looking for a role with future career growth, professional development and latitude? Are you hoping to find a role with high visibility and income potential, while working for an early stage sales team with an untapped market? Then the Sales Development Representative role with WePay could be right for you.
We are looking for an intelligent, curious and highly driven individual to join our growing sales team. The position will be based at our headquarters in Redwood City, CA.
As a Sales Development Representative, you’ll drive WePay’s future growth by working with the Account Executive team to build our sales pipeline. You get excited about prospecting potential partners and are capable of identifying qualified prospects for WePay. You are adept at identifying high value opportunities and are capable of managing early sales funnel activities. You are confident delivering value in competitive situations and enjoy working on solutions that require deep product understanding combined with technical knowledge.
Our team is small but growing fast. You will be provided with guidance, training and support while working effectively in a fast-paced environment. If you’re hungry, smart, curious and an effective collaborator, we want to talk to you!
What You Will Do:
- Identify potential partners and develop and execute outbound strategies (emailing, cold-calling, attending conferences, LinkedIn, etc) to bring them to WePay
- Respond to inbound inquiries and determine if they’re a great fit for WePay
- Generate Sales Qualified Leads (SQLs) for the Account Executive team
- Develop and codify best practices and sales workflows for scaled and bespoke interactions with prospects
- Work with cross-functional teams like Marketing and Product to share market feedback and develop new content
- Participate in relevant industry events
- Develop and promote your personal brand
What We Are Looking For:
- A positive and optimistic attitude, combined with excellent listening, speaking and writing skills
- Ability to understand the WePay API and communicate the value proposition to both technical and business stakeholders
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively
- Ability to operate in a highly ambiguous and fast-paced environment
- Self-starter who is used to working in a scrappy team
- Proficiency in modern demand generation tools (eg LinkedIn Sales Navigator, Salesforce, SalesLoft, LeadIQ) a plus
- A desire to learn
WePay, a Chase company, is the payments partner to the platform economy. It has uniquely enabled Constant Contact, GoFundMe, Meetup, and more than 1,000 other B2B and B2C platforms to provide integrated payments processing without compromising on their user experience or taking on risk and regulatory exposure. WePay is a two-time honoree on the Inc. 500 fastest growing private companies list before its December 2017 acquisition by JPMorgan Chase & Co., and has earned recognition on San Francisco and Silicon Valley "Best Places to Work" lists for an open, supportive culture that focuses on delighting customers and employees and offers all the usual perks (free lunch daily, subsidized gym membership, Responsible Time Off, etc.).
You can find more information at wepay.com.
To all recruitment agencies, WePay does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, WePay employees or any other company location. WePay is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes