Does working with real data and having impact on the small businesses that are backbone of US economy excite you? What about the opportunity to learn from Senior Data Scientists with domain expertise? With the Chase Acquisition, WePay’s payments systems will start supporting expanded use cases. To help with these exciting technical challenges, we are looking for Data Scientists to join our team.
As a Senior Data Scientist, you will support the expanded use cases and help minimize the Risk/Fraud losses. You will be able to Increase WePay’s coverage of Machine Learning models, increase the iteration speed and reduce the time it takes to deliver a new model to the business. You will have the ability to work on groundbreaking technologies like Gradient Boosted Trees, Deep Learning, Tensorflow etc.
You would be joining the Data Science team early as it is ramping up helping to craft the processes and practices for future team members. This is your chance to work on a wide variety of verticals in the small business space. With WePay, you will have a tangible and meaningful impact on business outcomes as well as the opportunity to learn and experiment with various research ideas.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Build machine learning systems and models for detecting payment fraud, merchant fraud, and merchant risk
- Design and Implement Knowledge graph capturing information from various 3rd party/partner data sources and relationships therein
- Drive the complete lifecycle from data extraction, model development through model deployment and production evaluation/maintenance
- Collaborate closely with engineering and risk detection/product teams
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- 4+ years of practical experience in applied machine learning / model development
- In-depth understanding of machine learning and modeling algorithms such as decision trees, random forest, neural networks, SVM, etc.
- Technical expertise in data preprocessing, feature extraction, model building, and statistical analysis
- Proficiency in databases (SQL), and programming languages (at least one of following: Python, R, Ruby, Java, etc)
- M.S. or Ph.D. in a relevant technical field (computer science, engineering, physics, mathematics, statistics, etc.)
- Collaborative, team player who drives to resolve customer needs
- Outstanding track record of innovation and success
WHAT IMPACT YOU WILL HAVE
- Improve our fraud/risk detection capabilities
- Drag down losses and save hundreds of thousands of dollars for the company
- Cut down review volume and reduce risk analysts’ workload
BONUS IF YOU HAVE
- Text Mining and NLP
- Deep Learning (CNNs, RNNs and sequence modeling)
- Graphical Models
WePay, a Chase company, is the payments partner to the platform economy. It has uniquely enabled Constant Contact, GoFundMe, Meetup, and more than 1,000 other B2B and B2C platforms to provide integrated payments processing without compromising on their user experience or taking on risk and regulatory exposure. WePay is a two-time honoree on the Inc. 500 fastest growing private companies list before its December 2017 acquisition by JPMorgan Chase & Co., and has earned recognition on San Francisco and Silicon Valley "Best Places to Work" lists for an open, supportive culture that focuses on delighting customers and employees and offers all the usual perks (free lunch daily, subsidized gym membership, Responsible Time Off, etc.).
You can find more information at wepay.com.
To all recruitment agencies, WePay does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, WePay employees or any other company location. WePay is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes