Are you passionate about analytics, data and using it effectively to identify problems and build solutions? Are you excited about getting your hands dirty with large volumes of data to identify suspicious patterns and fraud? Then the Lead Analyst of Risk Detections position with WePay may be the right role for you.
The Lead Analyst will be part of the Risk Detections team, which plays a critical role in contributing to WePay’s bottomline by preventing and controlling financial losses. In this role, you will get to shape WePay’s risk solutions and contribute towards fighting payment fraud amongst other things.
In this position, you will constantly be faced with challenging and interesting data problems. That means, no two days are the same. The individual who joins this team will have a chance to work in the areas of risk product, policy, compliance, detection, and analytics. You will have an opportunity to expand your skills and be able to determine your future career path.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Act as a key driver to build innovative risk detection systems and help support WePay’s growth
- Analyze and investigate emerging loss trends and large losses to come up with a post-mortem and action plan for implementation. Directly responsible for keeping the loss rates below the committed goal
- Build innovative risk management strategy to reduce financial exposure, as well as to improve customer experience
- Develop and manage a framework to evaluate the efficacy of rules and models
- Analyze a large quantity of data to identify fraud patterns and loss manifestation
- Explore new fraud signals and features to be used in rules and Machine Learning models. Leverage third-party risk management tools to expand fraud detection capabilities. Interact with Risk, Product, Engineering, Data Science, and Risk Operations teams on improving risk detection and products.
- Train and develop Risk team members on data analysis and rule-writing skills
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field of study such as mathematics, statistics, operations research, applied mathematics etc. Masters preferred
- 3-5 years experience in the payment, finance or related industry
- Knowledge of how internet payments and payment risk works
- 3-5 years of experience in quantitative analytics, building analytic solutions, mathematical modeling, A/B testing, etc.
- 3-5 years of industry experience in using SQL, SAS, Python (or other scripting languages) and/or related analytic tools
WePay, a Chase company, is the payments partner to the platform economy. It has uniquely enabled Constant Contact, GoFundMe, Meetup, and more than 1,000 other B2B and B2C platforms to provide integrated payments processing without compromising on their user experience or taking on risk and regulatory exposure. WePay is a two-time honoree on the Inc. 500 fastest growing private companies list before its December 2017 acquisition by JPMorgan Chase & Co., and has earned recognition on San Francisco and Silicon Valley "Best Places to Work" lists for an open, supportive culture that focuses on delighting customers and employees and offers all the usual perks (free lunch daily, subsidized gym membership, Paid Time Off, etc.).
You can find more information at wepay.com.
To all recruitment agencies, WePay does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, WePay employees or any other company location. WePay is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes