Are you passionate about investigating financial crime? Are you excited about using data to identify suspicious patterns or trends? Then the Compliance Risk Analyst position with WePay may be the right role for you.
Each one of our Analysts directly impacts our bottom line and our customers. Compliance Risk Analysts are responsible for building a trusted environment for our customers by investigating suspicious payment activities that are identified by our proprietary risk technology. These investigations help to reduce fraud losses to the Company and identify and limit money laundering, terrorist financing, and violations of economic sanctions. WePay's technology leverages traditional and non-traditional data sources to detect suspicious activity and mitigate losses.
In this position, you will constantly be faced with challenging and interesting investigations. That means no two days are the same. The individual who joins this team will have a chance to work in the areas of risk product, policy, detection, and analytics, as well as anti-money laundering (AML), Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and sanctions compliance. You will have an opportunity to expand your skills and be able to determine your future career path.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Review transactions, accounts, and users for suspicious activity, including money laundering and terrorist financing, as well as for compliance with sanctions administered by the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC)
- Assist in building and fine-tuning our transaction monitoring rules
- Assist in making updates to desktop procedures
- Draft and file suspicious activity reports (SARs) with FinCEN
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Previous experience in compliance or fraud transaction monitoring is a plus (preferably in the payments industry)
- Strong critical thinking and deduction skills
- Experience gathering and sifting through information with a sharp eye for detail
- Ability to solve puzzles and recommend solutions from limited information
- Experience in spotting trends and building processes to counteract them
- Knowledge of SQL queries or Microsoft pivot tables is a plus
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Ability to formulate and clearly articulate rationale behind decisioning
WePay, a Chase company, is the payments partner to the platform economy. It has uniquely enabled Constant Contact, GoFundMe, Meetup, and more than 1,000 other B2B and B2C platforms to provide integrated payments processing without compromising on their user experience or taking on risk and regulatory exposure. WePay is a two-time honoree on the Inc. 500 fastest growing private companies list before its December 2017 acquisition by JPMorgan Chase & Co., and has earned recognition on San Francisco and Silicon Valley "Best Places to Work" lists for an open, supportive culture that focuses on delighting customers and employees and offers all the usual perks (free lunch daily, subsidized gym membership, Responsible Time Off, etc.).
You can find more information at wepay.com.
To all recruitment agencies, WePay does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, WePay employees or any other company location. WePay is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes