We are seeking a smart, motivated attorney to lead WePay’s customer and vendor contract programs. Our ideal candidate is business-friendly, focused on execution, and takes a thoughtful, creative approach to solving commercial issues. As an innovative technology company under the umbrella of a global financial institution, WePay provides exposure to cutting-edge legal issues in the context of world-class resources and support. Our ideal candidate has an appetite for new technology and enjoys working cross-functionally with colleagues in sales, finance, product and operations departments. Background or demonstrated interest in Fintech and SaaS contracts preferred.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Draft and negotiate agreements with WePay’s enterprise customers, including complex pricing terms
- Draft and negotiate agreements with WePay’s vendors, including information security and privacy provisions
- Update customer contract templates to reflect WePay’s evolving products and business strategy
- Promote coordination and integration of legal and business teams at WePay and Chase
- Maintain current and complete contract documentation for WePay’s customers, vendors and contractors
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- 2 or more years of experience practicing either in-house or at a reputable law firm
- Strong work ethic supporting prompt attention to requests with excellent attention to detail
- Positive, friendly and collaborative
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to express complex issues in a simple manner
- High business and professional standards, meriting respect as a trusted advisor
- Commitment to continuous learning; flexibility regarding role
- Background or experience in technology development preferred
- JD or equivalent from an ABA accredited law school and bar membership in at least one state
WePay, a Chase company, is the payments partner to the platform economy. It has uniquely enabled Constant Contact, GoFundMe, Meetup, and more than 1,000 other B2B and B2C platforms to provide integrated payments processing without compromising on their user experience or taking on risk and regulatory exposure. WePay is a two-time honoree on the Inc. 500 fastest growing private companies list before its December 2017 acquisition by JPMorgan Chase & Co., and has earned recognition on San Francisco and Silicon Valley "Best Places to Work" lists for an open, supportive culture that focuses on delighting customers and employees and offers all the usual perks (free lunch daily, subsidized gym membership, Paid Time Off, etc.).
You can find more information at wepay.com.
To all recruitment agencies, WePay does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, WePay employees or any other company location. WePay is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes