WePay is seeking a smart, motivated, creative business management analyst to join our team as a Revenue Operations Analyst. This individual will report directly to the Head of the Revenue Operations and play a critical role in ensuring that new deals are priced and approved expeditiously. They would be responsible for auditing and analyzing performance data, identifying trends, packaging results for executive consumption, and producing other collateral as needed to support the overall team in their various responsibilities.
WePay’s Revenue Organization is responsible for growing the business and managing client relationships. The Revenue Operations team provides Business Management, Business and Process Engineering, and Sales Enablement support. As a Revenue Operations Analyst this individual would be responsible for supporting our Revenue Organization and the achievement of growth goals.
What You Will Do
- Financial Analysis (for new deals and renewals; partners with Sales and Account Management leads to gather information as needed to build/leverage models to calculate and propose pricing terms) - partners closely with Finance
- Deal Approval Process Management (facilitate deals moving through internal processes and various stakeholder approvals; manages Deal Review Forum) - serves as an overall Project Manager for deal approvals; partners closely with Sales and Account Management leads; tracks SLAs, follows up on outstanding items, escalates as needed, ensures adherence to overall process, perform quality reviews, and gathers and stores evidence of approvals
- Presentation and Content Development (build PowerPoint presentations and other materials in support of internal communications, executive meetings, training, and demonstration of strong controls) - partners closely with Chief Revenue Officer (CRO) and Head of Revenue Operations as well as other Sales, Product, and Marketing stakeholders as needed
- Business Management and Reporting (own Revenue Organization content development and submission process for Monthly Business Reviews with executive leadership team; provides various monthly updates to report on KPIs and other areas of interest to the business) - partners closely with CRO and leaders within the Revenue Organization
What We Are Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Communications, Business Management, or other related field
- 2+ years of experience working as an analyst in a Finance or other business function; experience in a Sales and/or Marketing function a strong plus
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills; some prior project management or related experience is also required
- Strong relationship management skills; stakeholder management experience a strong plus
- Working knowledge of how businesses measure profitability and performance
- Prior experience creating and reporting on business metrics/KPIs is highly preferred
- Strong PowerPoint skills and presentation skills with the ability to tell a cohesive and succinct story; visual design skills a strong plus
- Background or demonstrated interest in Fintech and or Payments preferred
- Basic understanding of quality control processes
- Ability to partner successfully with a wide range of stakeholders and manage expectations
- Self-starter with critical thinking capabilities; ability to deal with ambiguous situations successfully without constant direction/manager intervention
- Exceptional listening skills with the ability to gather, document, and execute on business requirements
- Strong attention to detail and focus on quality output
WePay, a Chase company, is the payments partner to the platform economy. It has uniquely enabled Constant Contact, GoFundMe, Meetup, and more than 1,000 other B2B and B2C platforms to provide integrated payments processing without compromising on their user experience or taking on risk and regulatory exposure. WePay is a two-time honoree on the Inc. 500 fastest growing private companies list before its December 2017 acquisition by JPMorgan Chase & Co., and has earned recognition on San Francisco and Silicon Valley "Best Places to Work" lists for an open, supportive culture that focuses on delighting customers and employees and offers all the usual perks (free lunch daily, subsidized gym membership, Paid Time Off, etc.).
You can find more information at wepay.com.
To all recruitment agencies, WePay does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, WePay employees or any other company location. WePay is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes