As a Manager of Controls, you will execute the WePay Risk & Control Self-Assessment program. You will work closely with counterparts in the Chase organization to ensure an appropriate level of risk mitigation is built in to processes across the company. This opportunity will enable you to demonstrate the value of creatively balancing risk and innovation with practical, concrete solutions. This is an exciting opportunity to work within a startup environment while supporting the development and execution of a new controls program.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Support the development and execution of the Risk & Control Self-Assessment Program to reduce exposure to financial loss, regulatory issues, and reputational risk
- Exercise sound judgment to influence a strong risk management culture across business practices
- Ensure a sustainable end-to-end control environment that identifies, escalates, addresses, and mitigates issues in a timely manner
- Identify issues and control improvements for remediation, while assisting in risk mitigation
- Create and maintain collaborative relationships with control teams, business partners and support partners within WePay and Chase
- Partner with business units through ongoing testing and monitoring of controls
- May develop and execute robust control test scripts designed to identify control weaknesses, determine root causes, and recommend solutions
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- 5+ years of experience as an auditor or in a risk mitigation environment
- Knowledge of control and risk management concepts with the ability to design, create and evaluate a Risk & Control Self-Assessment in conjunction with business partners
- Strong understanding of internal control and risk management concepts with the ability to evaluate the adequacy of the control environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an ability to articulate the control evaluation results in a meaningful and actionable manner
- Solid critical thinking, attention to detail and analytical skills; able to synthesize large amounts of data and formulate appropriate conclusions
- Strong interpersonal skills, exceptional relationship building and influencing skills and ability to effectively partner with all levels of management across numerous teams and two organizations to help drive the control agenda
- Flexible, adaptable to shifting priorities; able to work in a fast-paced, results driven environment
- Ability to demonstrate intellectual curiosity and critical challenge
- Payments experience a plus
WePay, a Chase company, is the payments partner to the platform economy. It has uniquely enabled Constant Contact, GoFundMe, Meetup, and more than 1,000 other B2B and B2C platforms to provide integrated payments processing without compromising on their user experience or taking on risk and regulatory exposure. WePay is a two-time honoree on the Inc. 500 fastest growing private companies list before its December 2017 acquisition by JPMorgan Chase & Co., and has earned recognition on San Francisco and Silicon Valley "Best Places to Work" lists for an open, supportive culture that focuses on delighting customers and employees and offers all the usual perks (free lunch daily, subsidized gym membership, Responsible Time Off, etc.).
You can find more information at wepay.com.
To all recruitment agencies, WePay does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, WePay employees or any other company location. WePay is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes