Are you looking for a high impact role where you would help build secure and safer payment platform for millions of users? Are you a software engineer who enjoys security work focusing on systems security, network security, applications security and encryption technologies? Then the Senior Security Engineer with WePay is what you are looking for.
As Senior Security Engineer with WePay, you will help define and implement creative techniques to protect WePay’s critical assets against a constantly changing threat landscape. This individual will work closely with other engineering teams to assess the threat landscape as well as design and build security components for our platform such as encryption, key management, authentication and security monitoring. This person who fills this role will have the opportunity to assess and improve security in emerging payment solutions such as mobile payment solutions.
Information Security at WePay is one of our highest priorities, therefore the ideal candidate will share passion for engineering solutions to complex security problems, while minimizing employee friction and maximizing productivity. They will help build security payment products and making sure that the data that we are trusted to protect is secured to the highest standard.
What You Will Do
- Design and develop platform security solutions including encryption, key management, services and systems security, authentication, security monitoring
- Enhance the security posture of internal development tools and infrastructure
- Take a leadership role in working across the company on security projects and provide security guidance on a constant stream of new projects and technologies
- Enable use of security features in frictionless manner for other developers and customers
- Responsible for developing security training and awareness for our software engineers
What we are looking for
- 3-5 years of security software engineering experience
- Experience designing and implementing software systems including experience designing security solutions for operating systems, applications and distributed systems
- Experience in systems security, cryptography, key management, network security and applications security
- Excellent analytical skills, organizational skills, ingenuity and the ability to work as part of a team
- Advanced interpersonal skills to effectively promote ideas and collaboration at the various levels of the organization
- Experience with Cloud Computing platforms (e.g. Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, OpenStack, Google Compute or App Engine, Hadoop, etc.)
- Experience bootstrapping trust into large distributed systems
- Understanding of Cloud-based authentication and key managementDeep knowledge of PKI-based systems and TLS deployments
- Strong experience with TCP/IP networking and security concerns, including DDoS
- Experience in Java, PHP, Python or other programing language
WePay, a Chase company, is the payments partner to the platform economy. It has uniquely enabled Constant Contact, GoFundMe, Meetup, and more than 1,000 other B2B and B2C platforms to provide integrated payments processing without compromising on their user experience or taking on risk and regulatory exposure. WePay is a two-time honoree on the Inc. 500 fastest growing private companies list before its December 2017 acquisition by JPMorgan Chase & Co., and has earned recognition on San Francisco and Silicon Valley "Best Places to Work" lists for an open, supportive culture that focuses on delighting customers and employees and offers all the usual perks (free lunch daily, subsidized gym membership, Paid Time Off, etc.).
You can find more information at wepay.com.
To all recruitment agencies, WePay does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, WePay employees or any other company location. WePay is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes