WePay is searching for an Office Manager who is passionate about delivering an exceptional employee experience. From planning and executing company-wide parties to managing the day-to-day operations of our offices, this role relies heavily on teamwork and collaboration. Success in this position will require our Office Manager to be extremely detail-oriented with strong organization skills and a desire to constantly improve their surroundings. This is a demanding position within a fast-growing company; it provides a unique opportunity for a driven, energetic, creative individual to have a far-reaching impact on culture, values, and experience, across multiple office locations.
Do you value your influence on the culture of the place you work and people you work with? Do you gain an intrinsic reward from delivering exceptional operations in a collaborative, upbeat, inspired workplace? WePay could be a great place for your next career move! Come and discover the awesome group of people who make WePay an amazing place to work.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Help create and improve employee experience, driving engagement across onboarding, day-one reception, and new employee orientation.
- Partner with the Employee Experience team to plan and execute a calendar of events for employee engagement, work parties, meetings with visiting JPMorgan Chase colleagues, and other events.
- Program manage WePay events, including overseeing budget, communications, and overall planning.
- Oversee and manage company’s day-to-day Workplace services and operations across all offices: Redwood City, Palo Alto, and Providence, RI, including systems, ergonomics, maintenance, Health & Safety compliance, and security.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 4+ years’ experience working in a corporate setting; start-up experience highly desired
- Self-starter, high energy. Comfortable working in a fast paced environment
- Strong execution, presentation, and communication (verbal, written and interpersonal) skills
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with employees, managers, and vendors
- Personal commitment to the highest standards of work product, confidentiality, and integrity
WePay, a Chase company, is the payments partner to the platform economy. It has uniquely enabled Constant Contact, GoFundMe, Meetup, and more than 1,000 other B2B and B2C platforms to provide integrated payments processing without compromising on their user experience or taking on risk and regulatory exposure. WePay is a two-time honoree on the Inc. 500 fastest growing private companies list before its December 2017 acquisition by JPMorgan Chase & Co., and has earned recognition on San Francisco and Silicon Valley "Best Places to Work" lists for an open, supportive culture that focuses on delighting customers and employees and offers all the usual perks (free lunch daily, subsidized gym membership, Responsible Time Off, etc.).
You can find more information at wepay.com.
To all recruitment agencies, WePay does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, WePay employees or any other company location. WePay is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes