WePay is looking for a talented Senior Software Engineer to join team our Platform Infrastructure and Tools team. We have a transaction volume that is more than tripling year-over-year and we’re rapidly outgrowing our existing tech stack. This role is integral in facilitating the degree of success we can deploy and effectively manage the large number of new Microservices we are developing.
WePay is committed to building our new service mesh infrastructure using Docker and Kubernetes. We have the opportunity to build a new house while living in the house we’re in. We are looking for a senior software engineer who has solid experience developing deployment and management tools for Microservice based applications. This individual would be responsible for the build of the deployment pipeline from green field.
We need someone who can provide our development team members with best practices in terms of configuration management principles and Continuous Integration and Delivery pipeline best practices. The right engineer will help define and enforce requirements to promote engineer effectiveness and productivity as well as shape the future of the WePay development platform. They will be on the front lines of evaluating emerging technologies for adoption into the WePay development platform. They would be responsible for building a tools library to up-level common tasks, documenting code and procedures, etc.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- 3 or more years of programming experience
- Bachelor of Science Degree in CS or equivalent technical experience
- Programming experience in Java, Python, Go and or equivalent
- Solid understanding of modern software deployment and management techniques
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced dynamic environment with little supervisionExperience in microservice application deployments in terms of configuration, service discovery and availability
- A strong “Automation First” mentality
- Comfortable working and managing Unix and Linux systems
- Knowledge of database systems including Mysql, Cassandra, Redis, HBase, etc
- Virtualization expertise in cloud resource provisioning
- Git Administration
WePay, a Chase company, is the payments partner to the platform economy. It has uniquely enabled Constant Contact, GoFundMe, Meetup, and more than 1,000 other B2B and B2C platforms to provide integrated payments processing without compromising on their user experience or taking on risk and regulatory exposure. WePay is a two-time honoree on the Inc. 500 fastest growing private companies list before its December 2017 acquisition by JPMorgan Chase & Co., and has earned recognition on San Francisco and Silicon Valley "Best Places to Work" lists for an open, supportive culture that focuses on delighting customers and employees and offers all the usual perks (free lunch daily, subsidized gym membership, Responsible Time Off, etc.).
You can find more information at wepay.com.
To all recruitment agencies, WePay does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, WePay employees or any other company location. WePay is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes