Are you passionate about stopping fraud? Are you excited about using data to identify fraud patterns or trends? Have you come up with innovative ways to catch and stop fraudsters? Then the Risk Analyst position with WePay may be the right role for you.
Each one of our Analysts directly impacts our bottom line and our customers. Risk Analysts are responsible for managing and mitigating the risk involved in WePay’s payment processing including review and investigation of potentially risky payments as well as the handling of fraudulent payments, accounts and users that are identified by our proprietary risk technology. These investigations help to reduce fraud losses to the Company and identify and limit money laundering and violations of economic sanctions. WePay’s technology leverages non-traditional data sources such as social media, platform data, as well as traditional personal and business data to detect suspicious activity and mitigate losses. Fraud is always changing so in this position you will be constantly challenged with new fraud patterns which makes it interesting and fun.
Fraud is always changing so in this position you will be constantly challenged with new fraud patterns which makes it interesting and fun. Each one of our team members directly impacts our bottom line and our customer. The individual who joins this team will have a chance to work in the areas of risk product, policy, detection, and analytics. You will have an opportunity to expand your skills and be able to determine your future career path.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Manual transaction review
- Investigation of accounts, users and payments
- Assist in building and tweaking automated fraud engine rules
- Work with fraud victims to recover funds and provide information and support
- Work with departments to determine if potential customers comply with the WePay Terms of Service
- Handle chargeback recovery and reporting
- Interact with users whose payments require further information or investigation
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Previous experience in Risk Management and Fraud Mitigation is a plus (preferably in the payments industry)
- Strong critical thinking and deduction skills
- Experience gathering and sifting through information with a sharp eye for detail
- Ability to solve puzzles and infer solutions from limited information
- Experience in spotting trends and building processes to counteract them
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced, changing environment
WePay, a Chase company, is the payments partner to the platform economy. It has uniquely enabled Constant Contact, GoFundMe, Meetup, and more than 1,000 other B2B and B2C platforms to provide integrated payments processing without compromising on their user experience or taking on risk and regulatory exposure. WePay is a two-time honoree on the Inc. 500 fastest growing private companies list before its December 2017 acquisition by JPMorgan Chase & Co., and has earned recognition on San Francisco and Silicon Valley "Best Places to Work" lists for an open, supportive culture that focuses on delighting customers and employees and offers all the usual perks (free lunch daily, subsidized gym membership, Paid Time Off, etc.).
You can find more information at wepay.com.
To all recruitment agencies, WePay does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, WePay employees or any other company location. WePay is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes