WePay is rapidly growing and actively seeking a Senior Credit Risk Analyst to be a part of its risk team. If you are passionate about evaluating credit risk, underwriting large businesses, making thoughtful business decisions and mentoring individuals to grow, this may be the right role for you!
WePay risk is growing its credit risk muscle, to complement its fine-tuned fraud detection abilities. The Senior Credit Risk Analyst will help in underwriting and periodically reviewing high exposure accounts that are part of WePay’s portfolio. This role will directly work with senior risk management to identify potentially risky merchants and contribute directly to WePay’s financial and regulatory goals. In addition to operational reviews, this role will help shape WePay’s credit risk policies, products and procedures.
In this position, you will constantly be faced with challenging and interesting credit reviews and investigations. That means no two days are the same. The individual who joins this team will have a chance to work in the areas of risk product, policy, detection, and analytics, as well as credit risk and fraud reviews. You will have an opportunity to expand your skills and be able to determine your future career path.
Please note that this position can be remote, or it can be seated in our office in Providence, Rhode Island.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Review financial documents, tax returns, bank statements, etc. for financial analysis
- Make decisions about the direction of the existing merchant accounts
- Prepare appropriate documentation and update internal software programs pertaining to the decision
- Work with analytics and reporting teams to come up with new credit risk policies for WePay’s high exposure merchants
- Gather information from decisions and make recommendations, supported by data, to alter underwriting policy when appropriate
- Discuss and communicate decisions to management as necessary
- Make sound decisions in approving or denying credit card processing, following industry standards authorized and established by management
- Assign risk-mitigating controls as appropriate
- Remain current on Federal, State, and card brand regulations and apply them as applicable
- Other duties as needed
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- MUST have 3+ years of experience working within underwriting in merchant services
- Prefer strong knowledge of Federal, State, and card brand regulations and processing platforms
- Experience with periodic account review
- Experience working on high exposure business accounts
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong email communication skills
WePay, a Chase company, is the payments partner to the platform economy. It has uniquely enabled Constant Contact, GoFundMe, Meetup, and more than 1,000 other B2B and B2C platforms to provide integrated payments processing without compromising on their user experience or taking on risk and regulatory exposure. WePay is a two-time honoree on the Inc. 500 fastest growing private companies list before its December 2017 acquisition by JPMorgan Chase & Co., and has earned recognition on San Francisco and Silicon Valley "Best Places to Work" lists for an open, supportive culture that focuses on delighting customers and employees and offers all the usual perks (free lunch daily, subsidized gym membership, Paid Time Off, etc.).
You can find more information at wepay.com.
To all recruitment agencies, WePay does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, WePay employees or any other company location. WePay is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes