What You Will Do
- Review financial documents, tax returns, bank statements, etc. for financial analysis
- Make decisions about the direction of the existing merchant accounts
- Prepare appropriate documentation and update internal software programs pertaining to the decision
- Work with analytics and reporting teams to come up with new credit risk policies for WePay’s high exposure merchants
- Gather information from decisions and make recommendations, supported by data, to alter underwriting policy when appropriate
- Discuss and communicate decisions to management as necessary
- Make sound decisions in approving or denying credit card processing, following industry standards authorized and established by management
- Assign risk-mitigating controls as appropriate
- Remain current on Federal, State, and card brand regulations and apply them as applicable
- Other duties as needed
What We Are Looking For
- MUST have 3+ years of experience working within underwriting in merchant services
- Prefer strong knowledge of Federal, State, and card brand regulations and processing platforms
- Experience with periodic account review
- Experience working on high exposure business accounts
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong email communication skills
Working At WePay
WePay’s mission is to make commerce seamless. Our products help software companies integrate payments into their applications – thereby empowering small businesses and individuals to get paid easily and quickly using their go-to apps and software. Our customers include BigCommerce, GoFundme, Meetup and Freshbooks, just to name a few. By joining forces with JPMorgan Chase, a global financial services firm with over $2.5 trillion in assets that serves millions of customers worldwide, WePay is now able to connect our customers seamlessly into a range of banking services beyond payments.
WePay is a unique place to work and offers the best of both worlds. WePay has a FinTech startup culture that emphasizes transparency, collaboration and career growth, with the ability to work on small, nimble teams. However, now combined with the power of JPMorgan Chase, employees are also able to create change at scale and have an opportunity to truly disrupt and shape FinTech.
To all recruitment agencies: WePay does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, WePay employees, or any other company location. WePay is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.