We are looking for someone who is excited by the challenge of being the first employee responsible for building and securing the custom applications and systems of our internal business operations. You will have the opportunity to engage across every major department and development team at WePay to pinpoint inefficiencies in our organizations processes to design and develop solutions.
Whether its closing gaps in our event-logging, creating debugging tools, or road mapping the future of our internal tools ecosystem, this role is critical to WePay’s ability to scale our tools infrastructure to match our rapid growth. You will define what an appropriate internal systems structure looks like at WePay today and in the future as we grow in scale and complexity.
What You Will Do
- Architect, build and iterate on existing internal tool infrastructure
- Work with numerous teams (engineering, finance, marketing, support, sales) to build tools to help solve challenges in employee lifecycle, employee experience, and custom SaaS integrations
- Identify repeated manual tasks and help automate them
- Collaborate with peers to write, review, and provide feedback on technical specifications
- Provide timelines and cost/benefit analysis to inform internal tools roadmap
- Balance technical and business interests in a fast-moving, engineering-driven culture
What We Are Looking For
- 4+ years of development experience
- Track record of deploying production-quality software
- Ability to work in the full-stack (comfortable switching between the front and back-end)Programming experience in Java, Python, Go or equivalent
- Solid understanding of modern software deployment and management techniques
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced dynamic environment with little supervision
- Experience in micro-service application deployments in terms of configuration, service discovery and availability
- Strong understanding of network protocols and applications
- Comfortable working and managing Unix and Linux systems
- SQL programming and tuning
- Knowledge of database systems including Mysql, Redis, Cassandra, HBase, etc
- Virtualization expertise in cloud resource provisioning
- Git Administration
- Bachelor of Science Degree in CS or equivalent technical experience
WePay, a Chase company, is the payments partner to the platform economy. It has uniquely enabled Constant Contact, GoFundMe, Meetup, and more than 1,000 other B2B and B2C platforms to provide integrated payments processing without compromising on their user experience or taking on risk and regulatory exposure. WePay is a two-time honoree on the Inc. 500 fastest growing private companies list before its December 2017 acquisition by JPMorgan Chase & Co., and has earned recognition on San Francisco and Silicon Valley "Best Places to Work" lists for an open, supportive culture that focuses on delighting customers and employees and offers all the usual perks (free lunch daily, subsidized gym membership, Paid Time Off, etc.).
You can find more information at wepay.com.
To all recruitment agencies, WePay does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, WePay employees or any other company location. WePay is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes