We are looking for someone who is excited by the challenge of being the first employee responsible for building and securing the underlying applications and systems of our business operations. You will have the opportunity to engage across every major customer-facing and development team at WePay to pinpoint inefficiencies in our organizations processes to design and develop solutions.
Whether its closing gaps in our event-logging, creating debugging tools, or road mapping the future of our internal tools ecosystem, the this role is critical to WePay’s ability to scale our people organization to match the reach of our products. You will define what an appropriate internal systems structure looks like at WePay today and in the future as we grow in scale and complexity.
What you will do:
- Architect, build, and iterate on scalable and well-documented tools and dashboards
- Work with numerous teams (engineering, finance, marketing, support, sales) to build tools to help solve challenges in data collection, customer usage, and product delivery
- Identify repeated manual tasks and help automate them
- Collaborate with peers to write, review, and provide feedback on technical specifications
- Provide timelines and cost/benefit analysis to inform internal tools roadmap
- Balance technical and business interests in a fast moving, engineering driven culture
Bonus points for:
- Familiarity deploying to AWS, GCP, OR Azure
- Ability to drive innovative solutions in a dynamic environment
- Experience scaling a global organization working with business partners and engineering teams
- iOS experience
- Fantastic sense of humor
What you have:
- 3 or more years of development experience
- Track-record of deploying production-quality software
- Experience with front-end JS frameworks such as React, Redux Angular, Backbone, etc.
- Ability to work in the full-stack (comfortable switching between the front and back-end)
- Programming experience in Java, Python, Go or equivalent
- Solid understanding of modern software deployment and management techniques
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced dynamic environment with little supervision
- Experience in micro-service application deployments in terms of configuration, service discovery and availability
- Strong understanding of network protocols and applications
- Comfortable working and managing Unix and Linux systems
- SQL programming and tuning
- Knowledge of database systems including Mysql, Redis, Cassandra, HBase, etc.
- Virtualization expertise in cloud resource provisioning
- Git Administration
- Bachelor of Science Degree in CS or equivalent technical experience
WHAT IS EXPECTED IN THE INTERVIEW?
We want to see your problem-solving and analytical skills. Be prepared to write good, clean, scalable code. You don’t need to know our entire stack, but we’re looking for practical experience, someone who can solve production problems in the cloud. Our hiring processes might include:
- Online Code Challenge
- Recruiter Phone Screen
- Technical Phone Interview with an Engineer
- On-site Interview
WePay, a Chase company, is the payments partner to the platform economy. It has uniquely enabled Constant Contact, GoFundMe, Meetup, and more than 1,000 other B2B and B2C platforms to provide integrated payments processing without compromising on their user experience or taking on risk and regulatory exposure. WePay is a two-time honoree on the Inc. 500 fastest growing private companies list before its December 2017 acquisition by JPMorgan Chase & Co., and has earned recognition on San Francisco and Silicon Valley "Best Places to Work" lists for an open, supportive culture that focuses on delighting customers and employees and offers all the usual perks (free lunch daily, subsidized gym membership, Paid Time Off, etc.).
You can find more information at wepay.com.
To all recruitment agencies, WePay does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, WePay employees or any other company location. WePay is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes