As a Relationship Executive at WePay you will develop long-term sustainable relationships C-level executives at our strategic technology clients and internal business partners. Utilizing your internal and external relationships you create business opportunities and develop sales strategies and service offerings that enable business and revenue growth.
Strong account planning skills and project management skills are required in order to manage multiple complex opportunities and present account strategies to the WePay leadership team on growth opportunities.
Collaboration with your extended business partners in technical account management, marketing, product and banking colleagues will be critical to the success of your client partnerships. You operate with the highest ethical standards, maintain a positive attitude and strive for excellence.
As a senior member of the team you will also be called upon to lead or participate in cross-functional projects to establish new processes, help with new product launches or create operational efficiencies.
You can expect to travel 30%-40% of the time.
What You Will Do:
- Manage a portfolio of 4-6 strategic client relationships with focus on growth, retention and customer satisfaction.
- Consult with your clients on best practices for integrating payments into their software to create a revenue line of business
- Develop and present account plans on a regular basis
- Take business opportunities from conception to execution. Ability to negotiate business terms and complex contracts to maximize revenue
- Lead planning and preparation of business reviews with strategic clients
- Lead or participate in cross functional teams
What We Are Looking For:
- 8-10 years as a strategic relationship manager with proven record of execution, account growth, value selling and competitive positioning.
- Highly polished individual that demonstrates a genuine interest in collaboration, innovation and improvement
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to establish and expand relationships with senior executives
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, verbal and written skills
- Ability to manage multiple opportunities, budget planning, manage projects and utilization of relationship executive account planning tools
- Strong working knowledge of payments (card present and card not present) as well as SaaS environment is desired.
- A bachelor’s degree with strong preference for Master’s of Business Administration (MBA)
WePay, a Chase company, is the payments partner to the platform economy. It has uniquely enabled Constant Contact, GoFundMe, Meetup, and more than 1,000 other B2B and B2C platforms to provide integrated payments processing without compromising on their user experience or taking on risk and regulatory exposure. WePay is a two-time honoree on the Inc. 500 fastest growing private companies list before its December 2017 acquisition by JPMorgan Chase & Co., and has earned recognition on San Francisco and Silicon Valley "Best Places to Work" lists for an open, supportive culture that focuses on delighting customers and employees and offers all the usual perks (free lunch daily, subsidized gym membership, Responsible Time Off, etc.).
You can find more information at wepay.com.
To all recruitment agencies, WePay does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, WePay employees or any other company location. WePay is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes