Are you a driver of process? Do you have the drive to want to improve the rigor in which products are being tested? WePay is looking for a Senior Software Engineer on the Test team to lead and grow the product testing efforts.
Our Test team at WePay needs someone who is focused on raising the software quality bar. We are a small but growing team that focuses on providing quality tools that are first in class. This individual will have the technical skills to understand the work that is being done. They will be responsible for communicating across the engineering and product organizations to give visibility into the testing and coverage process. They will organize the testing efforts, solidify best practices in testing products across the organization, be responsible for defining the direction for the team, providing clear visibility into the roadmap and aligning junior quality engineers so they can be effective
WHAT IMPACT WILL YOU HAVE?
This role will enable the Test team to grow and mature. Part of the focus of this role is building communication lines within the WePay organization and being able to tell a clear story about the current status. This individual will help to define a vision based upon input from several sources and marshal resources within / without the team to make it happen. There is a huge opportunity to grow the testing efforts of WePay, especially now that we are part of the Chase brand.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Write maintainable well designed code in Java, Python & PHP with extensive test coverage in a fast-paced professional software engineering environment
- End-to-end ownership of test cases / test suites
- Reporting / Communication of testing status across the platform
- Partner with Technical Leads in driving consensus around test plans / test execution
- Develop Test Plans and Test Cases
- Root cause analysis / Post Mortem
- Mentoring Junior individuals on the team
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience
- 7+ years in industry as a engineer in test on mission critical systems
- Strong background in distributed systems, web frameworks, networking
- Experience with environment configuration
- Ability to write high quality, maintainable code in Java, Python & PHP
- Experience with traditional RDBMS databases / concepts (mysql). NoSQL is a plus
- Hands on. Passionate. Persistent. Creative
- Excellent communication skills
- Have opinions on current tools, technology stacks and frameworks
- Selenium, Postman, Jmeter
WHAT IS EXPECTED IN THE INTERVIEW?
We want to see your problem-solving and analytical skills. Be prepared to write good, clean, scalable code. You don’t need to know our entire stack, but we’re looking for practical experience, someone who can solve production problems in the cloud. Our hiring processes might include:
• Online Code Challenge
• Phone Screen with Recruiter
• Technical Phone Interview with an Engineer
• On-Site Interview
WePay, a Chase company, is the payments partner to the platform economy. It has uniquely enabled Constant Contact, GoFundMe, Meetup, and more than 1,000 other B2B and B2C platforms to provide integrated payments processing without compromising on their user experience or taking on risk and regulatory exposure. WePay is a two-time honoree on the Inc. 500 fastest growing private companies list before its December 2017 acquisition by JPMorgan Chase & Co., and has earned recognition on San Francisco and Silicon Valley "Best Places to Work" lists for an open, supportive culture that focuses on delighting customers and employees and offers all the usual perks (free lunch daily, subsidized gym membership, Responsible Time Off, etc.).
You can find more information at wepay.com.
To all recruitment agencies, WePay does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, WePay employees or any other company location. WePay is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes