We are looking for witty, clever and experienced software engineers with a great sense of humor who have a knack for building things that are awesome. Our team is rapidly expanding as our transaction volume has more than tripled year-over-year and we are launching a number of crucial projects. Join now and make an immediate impact!
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Minimum of 7 years of development experience
- Be able to take complete ownership over a bug, feature, or entire project and drive it to completion. We have to trust that each of our team members can work independently because we hate micro-managing
- Be open-minded, flexible, and have a pragmatic approach to solving problems. The payments industry can be baffling at times, so we value people who can persevere and continue to make progress with a positive attitude
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent Years of Experience
BONUS IF YOU HAVE
- Knowledge or Experience with Java, Python or Scala
- Back-end expertise with RDBMS and NOSQL databases, messaging and queuing systems, batch and scheduled tasks
- Restful API design and implementation
- Building highly available and distributed systems
- Big Data experience including Hadoop, Storm, Kafka, etc.
- Machine Learning and Modelling
- Experience in Risk and Fraud Detection
- Experience in payments and PCI compliance
- Expertise in Security
- Leadership experience
- Prior open source experience, we love open source!
WHAT IS EXPECTED IN THE INTERVIEW?
We want to see your problem-solving and analytical skills. Be prepared to write good, clean, scalable code. You don’t need to know our entire stack, but we’re looking for practical experience, someone who can solve production problems in the cloud. Our hiring processes might include:
- Online Code Challenge
- Recruiter Phone Screen
- Technical Phone Interview with an Engineer
- On-site Interview
WePay, a Chase company, is the payments partner to the platform economy. It has uniquely enabled Constant Contact, GoFundMe, Meetup, and more than 1,000 other B2B and B2C platforms to provide integrated payments processing without compromising on their user experience or taking on risk and regulatory exposure. WePay is a two-time honoree on the Inc. 500 fastest growing private companies list before its December 2017 acquisition by JPMorgan Chase & Co., and has earned recognition on San Francisco and Silicon Valley "Best Places to Work" lists for an open, supportive culture that focuses on delighting customers and employees and offers all the usual perks (free lunch daily, subsidized gym membership, Paid Time Off, etc.).
You can find more information at wepay.com.
To all recruitment agencies, WePay does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, WePay employees or any other company location. WePay is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes