What We Are Looking For
- Minimum of 7 years of development experience
- Be able to take complete ownership over a bug, feature, or entire project and drive it to completion. We have to trust that each of our team members can work independently because we hate micro-managing
- Be open-minded, flexible, and have a pragmatic approach to solving problems. The payments industry can be baffling at times, so we value people who can persevere and continue to make progress with a positive attitude
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent Years of Experience
Bonus If You Have
- Knowledge or Experience with Java, Python or Scala
- Back-end expertise with RDBMS and NOSQL databases, messaging and queuing systems, batch and scheduled tasks
- Restful API design and implementation
- Building highly available and distributed systems
- Big Data experience including Hadoop, Storm, Kafka, etc.
- Machine Learning and Modelling
- Experience in Risk and Fraud Detection
- Experience in payments and PCI compliance
- Expertise in Security
- Leadership experience
- Prior open source experience, we love open source!
Working At WePay
WePay’s mission is to make commerce seamless. Our products help software companies integrate payments into their applications – thereby empowering small businesses and individuals to get paid easily and quickly using their go-to apps and software. Our customers include BigCommerce, GoFundme, Meetup and Freshbooks, just to name a few. By joining forces with JPMorgan Chase, a global financial services firm with over $2.5 trillion in assets that serves millions of customers worldwide, WePay is now able to connect our customers seamlessly into a range of banking services beyond payments.
WePay is a unique place to work and offers the best of both worlds. WePay has a FinTech startup culture that emphasizes transparency, collaboration and career growth, with the ability to work on small, nimble teams. However, now combined with the power of JPMorgan Chase, employees are also able to create change at scale and have an opportunity to truly disrupt and shape FinTech.
To all recruitment agencies: WePay does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, WePay employees, or any other company location. WePay is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.